Thursday, November 29, 2012

~KEITA's debut single and a new Chocolate mug cake recipe~

Keita Tachibana (w-inds.) is going to debut with single Slide 'n' Step on 20 February, 2013 under the name KEITA.


You can read more about it here and here (kindly translated by MelissaCUS) as I don't want to waste space quoting them here.

A preview of Slide 'n' Step and c/w song Thinking of you (0:00 - 1:07)


Give the songs a try. Listen for a few times, and you may later find yourself addicted to the catchy beat of Slide 'n' Step and haunted by the "oh yoooouuuuuuuu and meeeeeeeeeeee" from Thinking of you. I'm not biased here.

I'm on it for whatever KEITA is giving us.

And because this post is going to a mess, let me introduce a new no-egg recipe for the famous (overused) Microwaved Chocolate Mug Cake. I was in the mood for a tiny lovely chocolate cake this afternoon but we ran out of egg, and running to the super market under the cold winter rain is too much of a hassle. I did a YouTube search in vain and see what I found:



This recipe needs:
  • 4 tbsp. of flour
  • 2 tbsp. of sugar
  • 1 tbsp. cacao powder (put in 1.5 tbsp for a stronger chocolate flavour)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder (I wanted it lighter and used a full tsp)
  • 4 tbsp. milk
  • 1 tbsp. oil
  • vanilla (optional), a pinch of salt
The cake didn't blow up over the mug; it raised just enough. I micowaved it for a minute but it came out too wet, so I gave it another 40 seconds (we have a 900W microwave oven). This chocolate cake is very moist (I will use less milk next time), but it smells good and tastes awesome - I finished it before I could take a photo. I agree with the recipe owner that it doesn't have the "rubbery" feeling as other recipes using egg.

Maybe I can even make a bigger cake with this recipe. Will definitely give it a try later. But I'm going to make it again tomorrow (microwave in 2 minutes for a drier result); and from now on, no longer the need to consider the amount of egg I've consumed whenever I crave for chocolate cake.

See ya next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment